Monday, February 05, 2007

New York Show

Hello blogosphere,

Our show in Brooklyn went quite well. The Harlem Shakes were great as always, as were the other bands, Beat the Devil and LD Beghtol (from the Magnetic Fields). Highlights were sitting by a campfire in the middle of Williamsburg and when I got to go on stage with LD to play ukulele and shruti box. Not to downplay the awesomeness of his plethora of other projects (like the New Criticism and Flare), but LD is responsible for singing one of my favourite songs on one of the best concept-albums of all time, (the Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs) the song, All My Little Words. Which was humbling indeed.

In any case, I can't find the cable for my camera right now, so photos of our trip/show will have to wait. However, I can assure you that our show resembled this pretty closely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I heard from Katherine it all went well. So now it's official from at least two of the mouths that things were cool. I liked that video you linked me to, but...what, was one of the performers at the concert wearing a trenchcoat, briefs, and jackboots? Or singing in a falsetto? Somehow, strangely enough, I imagine that if Telefauna ever wanted to cover "Dirty Mind", you could do so quite easily. One thing though....do any of you have names that are unpronounceable graphic symbols?

~Ra'akone

10:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home